October 18, 2015

#Reviews4Indonesia Adriana : A Maze of Love in Kilometer 0



“Can we meet up again?”
“Sure”
“When?”
“When lift’s carpet changes five times, I will meet you in the place where two snakes wrap to wound for each other, when proclamation was read.”

Adriana : A Maze of Love in Kilometer 0 told about Mamen’s adventure to meet up again with beautiful girl who he met in one of elevator’s national library through her riddles. Unfortunately, Mamen who has good looking and a lot of ex girlfriends when in high school didn’t had enough knowledge about history. Fortunately, he was helped by his bestfriend, Sobar. Sobar was like walked history book, so he could solved every word in the riddles. But, the situation was complex when somebody also sent the riddles for Adriana and Mamen.

This book was written from two points of views by Fajar Nugros and Artasaya Sudirman. For the first time maybe we will be confused and guess byself about who and what this book told about. Why ? Because this book didn’t just tell about Mamen and Adriana, but also many histories inside. There were about when Soekarno (Proclamator and First President of Indonesia) built statue of Pancoran, Hatta (Proclamator and First of Vice President Indonesia) and his dream which never can be reached, Pitung’s (Champion of legend in Jakarta) love story, reincarnation of Marie Antoinette, story of Adriana van den Bosch and his husband (James) who fight for indigenous until died, and story about behind the picture of Ki Hajar Dewantara (Fathers of Education in Indonesia) in Indonesian’s currency.   

There’s so many histories indeed which packaged in 386 pages, but you won’t be bored when you read. There’s always a reason to open in every pages, cause it felt like you found the puzzle pieces which you’ve never known. This book had back-forward plot so we  had to be patient and focus indeed. But seriously, you wont be bored when you read this book cause I felt like I was get in adventure.

This book also gave a lot of informations about histories of statues in Jakarta and its streets. One of quotes from this book was followed

I believe that our lovely city Jakarta contained a dragon. His tail was symbolized with fountain of  the Indonesian Banking which along to fountain of Hotel Indonesia. His stomach was in Semanggi where all of the axis turned and his head…in the Statue of Young Bulid who symbolized with fires. So, here we are, The stronger of Asian Tiger.

That’s why there’s so many buildings and center of bussines was there and made of traffic jam. This book also told about triangle love story with  extraordinary relieved from Mamen, I thought.

After finished this book, i would travel in Jakarta to see the statues and its history inside by myself. I was curious too with Adriana van Den Bosch’s grave in Bogor Botanical Garden. By the way, this book also had filmed with the same tittle by Fajar Nugros as Director in 2014.

Besides that, there’s so many riddles pieces which awesome packaged that you found out in this book. Here they were

“The day is three days after Fatahillah swept away Portuegese from Sunda Kelapa Harbour. The time was when Diponegoro’s War happened. However, people who touch ground have known when they were died, their bodies will have a grave far away from their countries. I am who waiting for you is Adriana, with  her dream that never extinguished”

“He solt his car to built me. Meet me in the place where I direct in the time of my deathly, Adriana”

“Tomorrow, when three in one ends, the dancer have to meet her boss in the head of dragon in the dark.”

“A place where Arjuna’s archer is there, look forward and bring me the archer, when three in one begins, Adriana”

“I was my country who I present  for this city”

“Meet me in the puddle of muds, a place where the buffalo has been dating, when they have legitimated me. Bring me the present for my heart, Adriana”

Okay, that’s all my review about Adriana. For readers who had read and loved this book, maybe we can make some tour history to visiting statues which told in this book. Happy reading and happy adventuring.



This book review is written to participate on #Reviews4Indonesia movement by NulisBuku.com & Kutukutubuku.com to support Indonesia as Frankfurt Book Fair's Guest of Honour 2015.


.






0 comments:

© My Words My World 2012 | Blogger Template by Enny Law - Ngetik Dot Com - Nulis